How to Reheat Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
Chicken wings are an all-time favorite, but often people face a common problem – reheating them without losing their crispy texture. Thankfully, with the advent of air fryers, this predicament can be easily resolved. In this blog post, we will guide you step by step on how to reheat chicken wings in the air fryer while ensuring they turn out just as deliciously crisp and tender as when freshly cooked.
Gather Your Ingredients and Equipment
Before starting the reheating process, it’s essential to make sure you have everything you need:
- Air fryer (preferably with adjustable temperature settings)
- Frozen or leftover chicken wings
- Cooking oil spray or olive oil (optional)
- Salt and seasoning (optional)
Preheating Your Air Fryer
The first step is preheating your air fryer. This helps ensure even cooking throughout your chicken wings. Set the desired temperature according to your specific brand’s instructions and allow it to preheat for about five minutes.
Prepare Your Chicken Wings
If using frozen chicken wings, let them thaw completely before reheating. Pat them dry gently using paper towels to remove any excess moisture that could hamper achieving a crispy finish.
h<4>Determine Timing and Temperature Settings
To obtain perfectly heated chicken wings with a delightful crunch:
1. Preheat your air fryer at around 400°F/200°C.
2. Place the thawed or leftover chicken wings inside the basket or tray of your air fryer.
Note: It’s crucial not to overcrowd the air fryer basket, as this can lead to uneven heating. If necessary, reheat the wings in batches.
Reheating Process and Timing
The reheating time may vary depending on factors such as your specific air fryer model and wing size. However, as a general guideline, follow these steps:
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes at 400°F/200°C.
- After five minutes of cooking, pause the air fryer and flip the chicken wings using a pair of tongs or spatula for even crisping.
- Continue cooking for another five minutes or until your desired level of crispiness is achieved.
Tips for Extra Crispy Chicken Wings
If you’re looking to add an extra crunch to your reheated chicken wings, consider implementing these pro tips:
- Spritz some cooking oil spray or drizzle olive oil over the wings before placing them in the air fryer. This aids in achieving a crispy texture.
- Add some salt and seasoning according to your preference just before reheating. It infuses additional flavor into every bite.