How to Reheat Turkey Leg in Air Fryer
The Benefits of Using an Air Fryer for Reheating Turkey Leg
Reheating leftover turkey leg can sometimes result in a dry and flavorless meal. However, using an air fryer can make the reheating process quicker and more effective. Unlike a microwave or oven, an air fryer uses hot circulating air to evenly heat the food from all angles, resulting in a crispy exterior and juicy interior.
Preparing Your Turkey Leg for Reheating
Before you begin reheating your turkey leg in an air fryer, it’s important to properly prepare it:
1. Start by removing the turkey leg from the fridge and allowing it to come to room temperature. This step ensures more even heating during the cooking process.
2. Pat dry the turkey leg with paper towels to remove any excess moisture that may interfere with achieving a crispier skin.
3. Season your turkey leg with desired spices or marinades if desired.
Steps to Reheat Your Turkey Leg in an Air Fryer
Now that your turkey legs are ready for reheating, follow these simple steps:
1. Preheat your air fryer by setting it at 370°F (187°C) for about 5 minutes.
2. Place the prepared turkey legs into the preheated basket of your air fryer, making sure they are not overcrowded.
– If you have multiple legs, consider reheating them separately or using racks inside your air fryer basket for better airflow.
– For small-sized drumsticks: Cook at 370°F (187°C) for approximately 10-12 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
– For larger-sized drumsticks: Increase cooking time to 14-16 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
3. During the cooking process, you can open the air fryer basket and flip the turkey legs halfway through for more even browning.
4. Once the turkey legs reach a safe internal temperature of 165°F (74°C), carefully remove them from the air fryer using tongs or oven mitts.
5. Let your reheated turkey legs rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the juices to redistribute within.
Tips and Tricks
To make your reheated turkey leg in an air fryer even more enjoyable, consider these additional tips:
1. For extra crispy skin, lightly brush some oil or melted butter on the turkey leg before placing it into the air fryer.
2. If you prefer a smoky flavor, add a small amount of wood chips intended for grilling inside your air fryer basket.
3. Serve with fresh cranberry sauce or gravy on top to enhance both moisture and taste.
Reheating leftover turkey leg doesn’t have to be dull and disappointing. By utilizing an air fryer, you can easily achieve that desirable combination of crispy skin and juicy meat without sacrificing too much time or effort. So next time you find yourself with delicious leftover turkey leg, don’t hesitate to reheat it in an air fryer following our simple steps and enjoy another delightful meal!