How to Reheat Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
A Delicious and Convenient Meal, Even After Being Refrigerated!
Are you craving a comforting and hearty meal that warms your soul? Look no further than homemade chicken pot pie! This classic dish combines tender chunks of chicken, savory vegetables, and a creamy sauce all tucked beneath a flaky crust. The best part? You can make it ahead of time and reheat it for another delightful meal later! In this blog post, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of reheating your homemade chicken pot pie while ensuring its flavors remain intact.
Choose the Right Reheating Method
Reheating a homemade chicken pot pie is relatively simple; however, selecting the appropriate method is crucial to achieve optimal results. There are two main methods you can choose from:
1. Oven Method: Preserve Flakiness with Crispy Perfection
If you crave that perfect balance between an impeccably browned crust and warm filling, then using an oven is your best bet. Follow these steps for reheating in the oven:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Take your refrigerated chicken pot pie out of the fridge.
3. Place the entire pie (with its baking dish) on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
4. Cover the top loosely with additional foil to prevent excessive browning.
5. Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until heated throughout.
6. Remove from the oven carefully using oven mitts or potholders.
Remember to check if it’s heated thoroughly by testing for an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C). Now sit back as tantalizing aromas fill your kitchen!
2. Microwave Method: Quick Fix Without Sacrificing Flavor
In a rush and need to reheat your chicken pot pie quickly? The microwave method is here for you! However, bear in mind that the crust may lose its crispiness with this method. Follow these steps for reheating in the microwave:
1. Place a slice or individual portion of your refrigerated chicken pot pie onto a microwave-safe plate.
2. Cover the pie loosely with a microwave-safe cover or paper towel.
3. Heat on medium power (50% power level) for 2-3 minutes.
4. Pause halfway through to stir the filling gently to ensure even heating.
5. Continue microwaving until it reaches an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C).
6. Allow it to rest for a minute before diving into deliciousness.
While the microwaved version may not have as much crunch, its convenience makes up for it!
Tips to Maintain Flavor and Texture
Regardless of whether you choose to reheat your homemade chicken pot pie in the oven or microwave, there are additional tips you can follow to maintain its irresistible flavor and texture:
1. Preserve Moisture with Extra Sauce
To prevent dryness during reheating, add some extra sauce before popping your pie back into either the oven or microwave.
2. Ensure Even Heating
Stirring gently while reheating will help distribute heat evenly throughout the filling, ensuring no cold spots remain.
3. Retain Crust Flakiness by Reheating Uncovered
For those using an oven, remove any covering from your chicken pot pie during reheating to allow steam escape and preserve crust flakiness.
Savor Your Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Once Again!
Whether you opt for maintaining flaky perfection via slow reheating in an oven or embrace quick convenience through the microwave method, your homemade chicken pot pie will be a delightful meal once more. With these simple steps and helpful tips, you can enjoy the flavors of this classic dish without losing any of its original charm. So go ahead and reheat that savory pie to indulge in a taste of comfort and satisfaction!