Deliciously Reheating Frozen Fried Chicken in Your Air Fryer
We all love the crispy, flavorful goodness of fried chicken, but what happens when you have leftovers? Fear not! With an air fryer at your disposal, reheating frozen fried chicken has never been easier. In this blog post, we will guide you through the step-by-step process to ensure that your reheated chicken comes out just as delicious and crispy as it was when freshly cooked.
Gather Your Ingredients and Tools
To get started with reheating your frozen fried chicken in an air fryer, make sure you have the following:
- Frozen fried chicken pieces
- An air fryer
- Cooking spray or oil (optional)
- Tongs or a spatula for flipping the chicken pieces
- A food thermometer to check internal temperature (recommended)
Preheat Your Air Fryer for Optimal Results
The first step towards perfectly reheated fried chicken is preheating your air fryer. This ensures even cooking throughout. Set the temperature to 375°F (190°C) and allow it to preheat for about five minutes.
Place Your Frozen Fried Chicken in the Air Fryer Basket
Note: It’s essential not to overcrowd the basket; otherwise, it may hinder proper airflow and result in uneven cooking. If needed, reheat your fried chicken in batches.
- If desired, lightly coat each piece of frozen fried chicken with cooking spray or brush them with a small amount of oil before placing them into the air fryer basket. This extra bit of oil helps in achieving a crispier texture.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer inside the air fryer basket, ensuring they don’t touch or overlap too much.
The Reheating Process Begins!
Carefully slide the loaded air fryer basket into your preheated appliance and set the timer for 15 minutes. However, keep in mind that cooking times may vary depending on your specific brand and model of the air fryer as well as the size and thickness of your fried chicken pieces.
Flip to Evenly Heat Both Sides
- About halfway through the reheating process (around 7-8 minutes), pause and use tongs or a spatula to flip each piece of fried chicken. This ensures that both sides receive equal heat exposure for optimal results.
- If you find any areas becoming overly browned, lightly tent those spots with aluminum foil to avoid excessive crisping or burning while continuing with reheating process.
Check Internal Temperature for Safety
To guarantee that your reheated chicken is safe to eat, we highly recommend using a food thermometer to check its internal temperature. Ensure it reaches at least 165°F (74°C) before considering it fully cooked. Inserting the thermometer into one of the thickest strips will provide an accurate reading.
Serve and Enjoy Your Crispy Reheated Fried Chicken!
Once done, remove your perfectly reheated fried chicken from the air fryer basket and allow it to rest for a few minutes before serving. Pair it with your favorite dipping sauce or side dishes, like coleslaw or mashed potatoes, for an incredible mealtime experience all over again!
The air fryer has revolutionized the way we reheat fried chicken. Gone are the days of soggy leftovers! By following our simple steps, you can now enjoy crispy and delicious reheated frozen fried chicken in a matter of minutes. With your air fryer as your trusty companion, no more wasting perfectly good food or settling for subpar reheating methods. Give it a try and savor every bite!