The Perfect Way to Reheat Fried Chicken in Your Ninja Air Fryer
There’s nothing quite like the crispy, juicy goodness of perfectly fried chicken. But what do you do when you have leftovers and want to enjoy that same mouthwatering flavor all over again? Fear not, because your trusty Ninja air fryer is here to save the day! In this blog post, we will guide you through a step-by-step process on how to reheat fried chicken using your Ninja air fryer.
Gather Your Leftover Fried Chicken
The first step in reheating fried chicken is obviously having some delicious leftover pieces ready for transformation. Whether it’s home-cooked or from your favorite restaurant, make sure the chicken isn’t too greasy or soggy as it may affect the end result.
Preheat Your Ninja Air Fryer
To obtain that perfect crunchy exterior while maintaining a moist interior, preheating your Ninja air fryer is crucial. Set the temperature dial to 400°F (200°C) and let it warm up for about 5 minutes before moving on to the next step.
Prepare Your Chicken for Reheating
In order to achieve optimal results, it’s important to prepare your leftover fried chicken properly before placing it into the air fryer basket. Start by removing any breading that has fallen off during storage and gently patting away excess oil with a paper towel.
Air Fry at High Temperature
Carefully place your prepared fried chicken pieces into the preheated air fryer basket without overcrowding them. It’s best not to stack them on top of each other so that they can cook evenly and maintain their crispiness throughout.
- Leave some space between each piece for better airflow.
- If your Ninja air fryer has multiple cooking racks, consider using them to maximize the reheating capacity.
Set the Cooking Time
The cooking time can vary depending on the thickness and size of your fried chicken pieces. In general, a good starting point is to set the timer for about 4 minutes. However, it’s essential to closely monitor your chicken during the process to prevent overcooking or drying out.
- To check if your chicken is ready, use a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a piece. It should register at least 165°F (74°C).
- If required, adjust the cooking time in subsequent batches based on how well-cooked and crispy you prefer your reheated fried chicken.
Flip and Repeat
About halfway through the initial cooking time, carefully flip each piece of fried chicken using tongs or a spatula. This will ensure even heating and browning on both sides. Once flipped, continue cooking until golden brown and heated through.
- If you notice any spots that need further crisping or browning after flipping once, extend their cook time by an additional minute or two while keeping an eye on them.
- Avoid excessive flipping as it can cause breading loss and compromise crispiness.
Serve Immediately with Your Favorite Accompaniments
Congratulations! You’ve successfully reheated your fried chicken in a Ninja air fryer with mouthwatering results! Now all that’s left to do is serve it up with your favorite sides, be it creamy mashed potatoes, zesty coleslaw, or warm buttery biscuits. Don’t forget to enjoy every crispy bite while it’s still hot!
Disclaimer: The Ninja air fryer model and individual preferences may slightly alter the reheating process. Experimentation is key to finding the perfect technique that suits your specific needs.