The Ultimate Guide: How to Reheat DiGiorno Pizza
DiGiorno pizza is a delicious frozen option that many people turn to for a quick and easy meal. However, sometimes you may find yourself with leftovers or want to enjoy it again later. The good news is that reheating DiGiorno pizza can be just as tasty as the first time around if done correctly. In this blog post, we will walk you through the best methods and tips for reheating your favorite DiGiorno pizza.
Why Reheating Matters
Reheating your DiGiorno pizza properly ensures that it retains its original flavors and textures. Nobody wants soggy crusts or unevenly heated toppings, right? Following these simple steps will help bring back the crispiness of the crust while keeping the cheese gooey and flavorful.
The Oven Method
The oven method is often considered the best way to reheat most types of pizza, including DiGiorno’s. Follow these steps:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) while ensuring that your leftover slices are placed on an oven-safe tray.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil to prevent excessive drying but still allow heat circulation.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until the cheese bubbles and turns golden brown.
- If you prefer crispy crusts, remove the foil during the last few minutes of baking.
The Skillet Method
If you don’t have access to an oven or want a quicker alternative, using a skillet can be convenient:
- Add a dash of olive oil or cooking spray into a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Place your pizza slices in the skillet and cover with a lid to help melt the cheese evenly. Alternatively, you can sprinkle some water around the pan and cover it with a snugly-fitting lid to create steam for reheating.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes until the crust becomes crispy, while occasionally checking on its progress.
The Microwave Method
If time is of utmost importance or convenience is your top priority, using a microwave can be an alternative option:
- Place one or two pizza slices on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess moisture.
- Microwave on high power for about 30 seconds per slice; however, microwaves may vary in strength so adjust accordingly.
- To add extra crispiness, transfer the reheated slices directly onto a preheated skillet or toaster oven for a quick sear before serving.
Tips and Tricks
Follow these additional tips and tricks to enhance your DiGiorno pizza reheating experience:
- Avoid Overheating: Be cautious not to overheat your DiGiorno pizza as it may lead to dryness or burnt edges. Keep an eye on it during each method mentioned above.