How to Reheat Cold Fried Chicken in an Air Fryer
There’s nothing quite like sinking your teeth into a crispy piece of fried chicken. However, reheating cold fried chicken can be tricky as it often results in soggy or dry meat. Luckily, with the help of an air fryer, you can easily restore that coveted crunch while keeping the chicken tender and juicy. In this blog post, we will guide you through the process of reheating cold fried chicken using an air fryer.
Gather Your Ingredients and Equipment
Prior to diving into the reheating process, make sure you have all the necessary ingredients and equipment at hand:
- Cold fried chicken pieces (preferably refrigerated overnight)
- An air fryer
- Cooking oil spray (optional)
- Tongs or kitchen utensils for handling hot food
- A timer or stopwatch for precise cooking time management
Preheating Your Air Fryer
The first step towards achieving perfectly reheated fried chicken is preheating your air fryer. This ensures that the food cooks evenly without any temperature fluctuations throughout.
- Plug in your air fryer and set it to preheat at around 375°F (190°C).
-Wait until your air fryer reaches its desired temperature before moving on.
Preparing the Fried Chicken for Reheating
To retain maximum flavor and texture during reheating, it is crucial to prepare your cold fried chicken properly:
- Remove your cold fried chicken pieces from the refrigerator and let them sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Spray or lightly coat the air fryer basket with cooking oil spray (optional). This can help enhance crispiness but is not essential if you prefer a slightly healthier option without added oil.
- Cooking Time Guidelines:
Note: It’s important not to overcrowd the air fryer basket to allow proper airflow and even circulation of heat. Hence, you may need to reheat the chicken in batches depending on its quantity.
-This helps bring them closer to room temperature, allowing for more even reheating.
Now comes the exciting part – actually reheating your cold fried chicken using an air fryer! Follow these steps carefully:
-Place a single layer of chicken pieces into the preheated air fryer basket. Avoid stacking or overlapping, as it can result in uneven heating.
Note: The recommended temperature and time settings given here are approximate guidelines that you should adjust based on your specific air fryer model and personal preferences. Regularly monitoring during reheating will help prevent overcooking or undercooking.
-For boneless fried chicken pieces: Set approximately 12-15 minutes of cook time at 375°F (190°C).>