How to Reheat Chicken Fried Chicken: A Step-by-Step Guide
Chicken fried chicken is a mouthwatering dish enjoyed by many. However, reheating it can be a tricky task as you want to maintain its crispy exterior while ensuring the meat inside remains juicy and tender. In this blog post, we will guide you through the process of reheating chicken fried chicken to perfection.
Gather Your Supplies
Before diving into the reheating process, gather all the necessary supplies:
- Microwave-safe plate or baking sheet
- Parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Oven or microwave oven with convection settings (optional)
- Tongs or spatula for handling the chicken
1. Preheat Your Oven (If Using)
If you prefer using an oven over a microwave for reheating, preheat it to around 350°F (175°C). This step helps ensure even heating throughout.
2. Prepare Your Chicken Fried Chicken for Reheating
If your leftover chicken fried chicken is refrigerated, allow it to come closer to room temperature before reheating. This prevents uneven cooking and maintains juiciness.
3. Choose Your Reheating Method:
A) Microwave Reheating Method:
- Dampen Parchment Paper or Aluminum Foil:Cover your microwavable plate with dampened parchment paper or aluminum foil to retain moisture during microwaving.
- Add Chicken on Top:Lay out your leftover chicken fried chicken pieces on the prepared plate, ensuring they don’t overlap.
- Cover with Dampened Parchment Paper or Aluminum Foil:Place another layer of dampened parchment paper or aluminum foil over the chicken to lock in moisture while reheating.
- Microwave:Set your microwave to medium power and heat the chicken for around 2 minutes. Check for internal temperature using a food thermometer; it should reach at least 165°F (74°C).
B) Oven Reheating Method:
- Use a Baking Sheet:If you prefer an oven, place your leftover chicken fried chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Ensure there is enough space between each piece to allow even heating.
- Crisp Up the Chicken Skin (Optional):If you desire extra crispiness, preheat your convection oven setting to around 400°F (200°C). Place the chicken in and bake for around 5 minutes until desired crispness is achieved.
- Evenly Reheat in Standard Oven:If using a standard oven without convection settings, preheat it as mentioned earlier and reheat for about 12-15 minutes until warmed through. Use an instant-read thermometer to ensure that the thickest part reaches at least 165°F (74°C).
4. Serve Your Deliciously Reheated Chicken Fried Chicken!
You’re now ready to enjoy your mouthwatering reheated chicken fried chicken! Pair it with some freshly made sides or enjoy it as-is. The key is achieving that perfect balance of crispy outside and juicy inside, and with this guide, you’re well on your way.
Remember, always handle reheating food with care to prevent any bacterial contamination. Enjoy your meal and relish the flavors of perfectly reheated chicken fried chicken!