The Ultimate Guide: How to Reheat Butter Naan
Butter naan is a delicious Indian bread that perfectly complements various curries and dishes. Whether you have leftovers from your favorite restaurant or made them at home, reheating butter naan can be tricky as it tends to become dry or lose its original texture. In this blog post, we will guide you through different methods to reheat butter naan flawlessly so that you can enjoy it again like fresh off the tandoor!
Method 1: Oven
One of the best ways to reheat butter naan is by using an oven. Follow these simple steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Sprinkle a few drops of water on the naan surface.
- Wrap each piece of butter naan in aluminum foil, ensuring they are well sealed.
- Place the wrapped naans directly on the oven rack and heat for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the foil-wrapped butter naans from the oven using tongs or mitts.
This method ensures that your butter naans regain their softness while maintaining their delightful flavors.
Method 2: Stovetop with a Skillet or Tawa
- In case you don’t have access to an oven, using a skillet or tawa over direct heat is another great option.
- Gently warm up your skillet or tawa over low-medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Note: Ensure that your skillet/tawa is non-stick and clean for optimal results!
This stovetop method offers a quick and easy way to reheat your butter naans without compromising their taste.
Method 3: Microwave
- If you’re in a hurry, using a microwave can be the fastest way to reheat your butter naan.
- Place the butter naan on a microwave-safe plate.
Note: It’s recommended to cover them with a damp paper towel to preserve moisture during reheating!.
- Microwave the butter naan for around 20 seconds at medium-low power (50-60% power).
While this method may lack crispiness compared to other techniques, it’s perfect when you need instant results.
Tips for Serving Reheated Butter Naan
Here are some additional tips that will help you serve perfectly reheated butter naans:
- Brush melted ghee or garlic-infused oil over the reheated naans just before serving. This enhances their aroma and flavor while adding extra moisture.
– Pro Tip: Prepare flavored oils by heating ghee/vegetable oil with minced garlic/onions/chopped herbs like coriander/mint leaves over low heat. Strain before use!.
- If your reheated butter naan turns out slightly dry, we recommend serving them alongside a bowl of raita (yogurt-based dip) or any curry for added moisture and taste.
- For an extra touch of indulgence, you can sprinkle some sesame seeds or grated cheese on the reheated butter naans before re-heating in the oven. This adds a delightful twist to the traditional recipe!
Reheating butter naan allows you to enjoy this delectable Indian bread beyond its initial serving. By using methods like oven, stovetop with a skillet/tawa, or microwave techniques, you can retain their softness and flavors perfectly. Remember to follow our serving tips to enhance your experience further. So go ahead and indulge in freshly reheated butter naan effortlessly – satisfying both your cravings and stomach!